-
September 19th, 2003, 06:28 PM
#1
Inactive Member
I have read about the certain types of projectors here and there but has anyone got a list of brands and/or model numbers of projectors that are really good.
Also is this anything worth going for:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....&category=4791
Thanks again
-
September 19th, 2003, 06:30 PM
#2
Inactive Member
Oh also one other thing.. which is probably obvious but I still don't get it... when a projector has "variable speed" .. as apparently my hanimex does.. it does not have any numbers for FPS.. such as 18 or 24 etc... so how do I know how to set it to a certain value? Guess?
-
September 19th, 2003, 06:39 PM
#3
HB Forum Moderator
I was under the notion that all projectors label their "standard" film speed options.
The variable speed option is usually a dial that will plus or minus your regular projector speeds. In the case of the Elmo, Projectors, it's around a 10% plus or minus. This allows one to "speed up" 18 FPS to around 20 FPS, which usually eliminates the annoying roll bar that you can get at 18 FPS when doing basic off the wall super-8 transfers to video.
If the projector in the ebay auction is functioning, it may be a decent projector to own. I assume power consumption is the same in Australia as here, oh wait, don't they use PAL?
You might want to email the seller and find out if the projector runs on 50 or 60 cycles, or both.
-
September 20th, 2003, 01:41 AM
#4
Senior Hostboard Member
Australia is 240Vac, 50 Cycles.
Tha Seer, I hope you're from Down Under. I bought a Bolex sound projector last year and it cost $25 to ship it from Seattle to New York, I can't imagine what it would cost to ship one from Australia to the rest of the world!
It looks like a really nice machine, it has some features that I'd like.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks